Thursday, June 30, 2011

This is It

Well after seven VERY short weeks our internships are coming to an end today. I am happy and sad to say that this is the last day that I will be at the European Policy Center. Happy because I got to experience working in this great organization and sad to leave the people and the work that I have done here. Out of all the things I will miss about Brussels, I will miss my job most. I really loved all of the work that they gave me to do and feel as though I have made very good contacts and met some very important people, like the President of the European Council! I have realized through my work and through others that the EPC is a very important European organization and they are fully committed to the work that they do. I also worked in a very connected area of Brussels. The EPC is located in the Residence Palace right off of Schuman Circle where many EU institutions are located. I even met some friends who worked in the the European Parliament and another AU intern and I were able to go on a tour of parliament! I also worked very close to three or four other AU interns and we were able to have lunch a few times a week. All in all it was a great internship, and needless to say when I start to look for jobs next year, I will start with the EPC!

No comments:

Post a Comment