Monday, May 30, 2011

Exciting traveling opportunities

Hi all,

I am not use to blogging like this but it is definitely worth a shot. I cant believe that two weeks have already passed in Brussels and by this time next week my program will be halfway over. So far I have really been able to do a lot in such a short amount of time. About 10 days ago, everyone travelled to Antwrep, Brugge and Gent, and got to explore the Flemish side of Belgium. I love that it was included in the program because it gave everyone here a chance to socialize but also a chance to explore.

Last weekend, 10 of us here in Brussels decided to go to Amsterdam for one night. In my opinion, one night was all that I really needed it. We had tons of fun and it was definitely an adventure. I went to the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank house, plus the city was just beautiful with all of the canals and bridges. If it wasn't raining and freezing I would have gone on a boat tour of the city. The group decided to go camping (because it was cheaper than a hostel in the city) and that turned out to be quite an adventure with cabins in the woods (about 40 minutes outside of the city) and there was no heat! After that experience, I think I want to stick to weekend trips in warmer regions.

I am so excited to travel. I have already booked tickets to Greece and Morocco. I also plan on going to Luxembourg, Germany, Paris and the Belgian North Coast. Even though studying abroad can be really expensive (and its never fun to work for free), there are so many great opportunities in Brussels and around Europe. I am graduating this December with my MA from AU so I don't know the next time an opportunity like this will present itself again. I think everyone here is planning to make every second of these 7 weeks amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment