Monday, May 30, 2011

A new experience

So I have been in Brussels for almost three weeks now and I have had quite a myriad of experiences. This is my 2nd time in Brussels and this time around, I have had a chance to learn more about Belgian culture and mores thanks in most part to Dr. Sheridan. My internship has actually been very demanding and takes up a substantial amount of my time. My boss is very helpful and the work I have been doing since day one has actually been very substantial work. I guess I expected to do "intern" work, but I have been pleasantly surprised at the amount of responsibility I have been given - not a day has gone by where I sat in the office and twirled my thumbs, I am literally always working on a project.

I have unfortunately not had the time to go out an get better acquainted with the city and with other European cities like I initially anticipated I would because of the academic component of this program which takes up my weekends. The work is reading intensive and we have an assignment due every weekend, so I spend my weekends doing homework. With work and homework, it is difficult to find time to travel around Europe. I will post pics of our group trips to Antwerp, Ghent and Bruges soon! A bientot!

No comments:

Post a Comment